Friday 18 November 2011

Learn Chinese Character in a different way

I have many colleagues who are not Chinese. Sometimes when we sit for the coffee, I will try to explain to them how Chinese characters are created and represented to mean different stuffs.

And during the explanation, I found that we can actually appreciate Chinese characters and know their meaning without knowing their pronunciations. And by this way, foreigners are also more interested in learning Chinese through such a fun way. And I feel that it will also be easier for them to learn pronunciation that they can now understand why same pronunciation in Chinese can mean different things.

And I also realized from a C++ Software Engineer point of view that how smart our Chinese ancestors are. They have created the Chinese language in a real OOP way that meaning of the Chinese Characters are totally de-coupled from their pronunciations. I liked that. And hopefully you will like it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment